Senior Designer / Drafting Lead – Nisku AB
Pyramid Process Fabricators, a division of Pyramid Corporation, is currently looking for a Senior Designer/Drafting Lead for the Nisku office. This individual will be responsible for managing and directing Pyramid’s Design and Drafting team, and all drafting and design deliverables for projects ongoing within the facility in a timely, accurate and professional manner. The Lead will also be responsible to provide; mechanical, welding, and general technical design deliverables as determined by project scope.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage, mentor, and coach a drafting department of 3-4 individuals
· Preparing conceptual, preliminary and final designs in accordance with the project objectives, codes and relevant standards
· Provide design and engineering support applicable to project deliverables including; scope, quality, schedule and budgets
· Producing detailed design in AutoCAD/CADWorx drawings (3D and 2D)
· Build and develop in-house drawing office standards, procedures and libraries
· Participating in a continuing education/training program to ensure most efficient use of AutoCAD/CadWorx as new versions released
· Prepare shop drawings for building skids, structural steel, ladders, platforms, piping and vessels
· Ultimately responsible for the correctness and accuracy of all drafting deliverables including final checking
· Distribute drawings to project team
· AutoCAD detail drafting support for project managers with presentations
· Support, participate in and help drive overall safety program, safety awareness and safety targets
· Be responsive to all project requirements and requests. Provide an in-house technical support service
· Review incoming and outgoing documents pertaining with the drafting department
· Organize and document information gathered to do each job
· Communication and interfacing with Projects group on ongoing projects from a technical stand point
· Responsible for working with all departments in the preparation of project information required by all departments required for the success of all projects
· Prepare drawing per Client specifications and the applicable code.
· Knowledgeable with CSA/ABSA/CWB/ABC CODES, regulations and standards
· Plan, co-ordinate, and self-manage the work as it is directly related to the project scope
· Ensure required drawing office activities are coordinated and meet project budgets, scope, schedule and deliverables
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
· Ability to manage and supervise a group of individuals
· Awareness of various applicable standards of practice (i.e. ANSI/ASME B31.2, 31.4, 31.8, VIII, IX)
· Thorough knowledge of acceptable construction practices and practical engineering methods that pertain to flare stacks and skid mounted products.
· Background in a fabrication, manufacturing or construction environment is essential, preferably in process fabrication
· Experience using CADWorx, AutoCAD 2012 +
· A thorough knowledge in process fabrication, P&ID’s, materials and material grades, 3D modeling, and 2D drafting techniques are required.
· Results driven and goal oriented
· Strong time management skills, self-motivator and ability to handle a multitude of tasks
· Strong and thorough technical knowledge of engineering principles as it pertains to the design and construction of steel fabrication structural engineering
· Very good team player with aptitude for innovation
· Capable of working in a fast paced environment with organized methods
· Good computer skills, especially in the use of MS Office
· Strong commitment to safety
· Organized and able to work in high pressure deadline driven environment
Education & Other:
· Technical qualifications preferred (CET or equivalent experience), engineering technology, or appropriate level of certification and experience.
· Graduate from Engineering Design & Drafting program with a specialization in oil & gas process fabrication
· Experience with mechanical systems
Please also submit copies of any certifications and tickets that may pertain to the position posted.
Apply Now!! www.workatpyramid.com
All resumes will be held on file by our Recruitment Department for 3 months. We thank all interested applicants! Only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.